Myotherapy Association Australia announces new insurance broker for member coverage
We are pleased to announce that BMS Risk Solutions Pty Ltd (BMS Group) is Myotherapy Association Australia's exclusive insurance broker. BMS has brought a new member centric perspective to the design and delivery of our insurance program that will result in significant immediate and long term benefits.
Myotherapy Association Australia members will benefit from increased value and improved services, along with exclusive access to additional business-related products that can be purchased through BMS.
Myotherapy Association Australia members have access to the following services and programs:
- Increased Practice Risk Resources - BMS will provide evidence-based information, tools and educational seminars and webinars on practice risk, thereby aligning with Myotherapy Association Australia's long-term strategy to use its insurance program to educate and inform the profession on risk management.
- Specialised Legal Services - including a pro bono legal hotline managed by one of Australia's leading independent law firms.
- Future program structures that are built for members by members.
Policy Features [download BMS schedule here]
- $20M Professional Indemnity per Member
- $20M Public & Products Liability per Member
- Run-Off Cover
- Retroactive Cover
- Court Attendance Costs
- Loss of Documents
- Libel, Slander and Defamation Cover
Please ensure you have read the BMS Financial Services Guide (FSG) found here.
If you have any questions, please contact BMS on 1800 931 070 or via [email protected]
Who is BMS?
BMS is the official and exclusive broker for the Myotherapy Association Australia member insurance program.
BMS is a Lloyd's broker and has several global teams, including in Melbourne and Ottawa, dedicated to providing coverage, and value-added services to associations and its members.
The Australian and Canadian operations provide coverage to more than 500,000 healthcare and regulated professionals through 70+ associations across Australia and Canada. This experience gives BMS a unique insight and ability to create and deliver significantly enhanced and continuously evolving member-centric insurance programs. This includes ensuring broad, market-leading coverage, evidence-based risk management and exceptional member service. You can find out more about BMS at https://www.bmsgroup.com/where...
Resources to assist with Notifiable Data Breach Scheme
On February 22nd 2018, the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner released a guide titled Data breach preparation and response is a guide to managing data breaches in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). The guide consolidates information provided in the Data breach notification - A guide to handling personal information security breaches released in 2014, the Guide to developing a data breach response plan released in 2016, and the resources published to assist entities in complying with the Notifiable Data Breaches (NDB) scheme last year. In addition to outlining the key requirements relating to data breaches in the Privacy Act, including personal information security requirements and the obligations of the Notifiable Data Breaches scheme, the guide covers other key considerations in developing a robust data breach response strategy. This includes key steps to take when a breach occurs, the capabilities of staff, and governance processes.
The Australian Cyber Security Centre have created a number of resources for small businesses. Please have a look at the links below:
- Small business cyber security guide – mitigation strategies to counter most common cyber security threats that target small businesses.
- What executives should know about cyber security - discusses high-level topics that executives should know about cyber security within their organisations.
- Step by Step Guides – easy guides with platform-specific advice and screenshots (things like how to turn on automatic updates, how to back up your files, and how to turn on two-factor authentication on Windows, Mac, various email providers and social media platforms).
- Easy Steps guide – one stop shop for all the basic controls.