Again we listen with disbelief as the Victorian government’s covid restrictions continue to unfairly draw arbitrary distinctions between parts of the healthcare profession Myotherapists are trained in infection control.
Yet, rather than being part of the solution, actively helping people manage chronic pain and healthcare issues, myotherapists are expected to sit back and simply watch.
• The decision is not based on facts or evidence.
• There has been little, if any, consultation with the business (or health) community.
• There is a lack of modelling of the health impacts of these decisions on the community in the short, medium and long term.
The decision doesn’t even align with the Premier’s own promises that “no rules, no restrictions will be on longer than they need to be.”
The decision clearly demonstrates the arrogance of a government that makes decisions that seem more based on a “spin the bottle” approach to decision-making than science, facts or evidence.
So what do we know following today’s announcements?
Some easing of restrictions have been announced for regional Victoria.
As part of the Third Step and from 11:59pm on Tuesday 27 October;
- Indoor gyms and fitness spaces will be able to open for up to 20 people, with a maximum of ten per space and a density of one person per 8 square metres.
- Indoor pools will open to 20.
- Indoor sport will begin for those 18 and under.
- Food courts can open.
- Live music can resume as part of outdoor hospitality.
- School graduations can be held within school communities.
- And for religious celebrations, 20 people can gather together indoors with their faith leader – or 50 outdoors.