This course is designed for those practitioners in both private practice and for those who would like to conduct ergonomic risk assessments within the OHS/WHS setting.
- Develop an understanding of the various roles an Allied Health Practitioner can have within an Occupational (Work) Health & Safety setting.
- Describe key statements of relevant Workplace Health and Safety Legislation in Australia.
- Describe and understand the principles of Risk Management and Hierarchy of Risk Control.
- Apply knowledge and skills to undertake a basic ergonomic risk assessment.
- Have the knowledge and skills to problem solve common workplace ergonomic issues.
- Review and understand the importance of communication i.e. consent, verbal and written communication within the Occupational (Work) Health and Safety setting.
- Learn about the references available to continue further professional learning and development within the Occupational (Work) Health and Safety setting.
Office Ergonomic Risk Assessment Training for the Allied Health Professional
Date: Saturday 13th April 2019 (9 – 4pm)
Location: Back Care and Seating, 503 Nicholson Street, North Carlton VIC 3054 Australia
Course Cost: $330 (early bird 4 weeks out); $375 (inc GST) Student $250 (inc GST)
Vehicle (Car) Ergonomic Risk Assessment & Training For Allied Health Professionals
This course is designed for those practitioners in both private practice and for those who would like to conduct vehicle ergonomic risk assessments within the OHS/WHS setting.
- Review hazards and risks associated with vehicle use (driving and manual handling in/out of the vehicle).
- Reviewing typical driving postures and habits that may increase ones risk of developing musculoskeletal complaints
- Review the step by step process to setting up an individual within a vehicle to improve ones comfort and support.
- Vehicle storage and manual handling best practices
- Undertaking a basic vehicle ergonomic risk assessment’
Note: This course will be combination of both theory and practical application. Attendees will be encouraged to drive their vehicle to the seminar so that we can apply knowledge in a practical scenario.
PDPS: 4pts (formal)
Date: Sunday 14th April 2019 (9-1pm)
Location: To be confirmed – Likely to be inner West Melbourne as we require a training room and car park for the practical component of the workshop.
Course Cost $199 (inc GST) earlybird – 4 weeks out; Standard tickets $250 (inc GST)
Student Rate: $150 (inc GST)