Read the full statement HERE.

This includes:

  1. Banyule 
  2. Hume  
  3. Moreland  
  4. Bayside  
  5. Kingston  
  6. Mornington Peninsula 
  7. Boroondara
  8. Knox 
  9. Nillumbik  
  10. Brimbank 
  11. Manningham  
  12. Port Phillip  
  13. Cardinia
  14. Maribyrnong  
  15. Stonnington  
  16. Casey
  17. Maroondah 
  18. Whitehorse  
  19. Darebin
  20. Melbourne  
  21. Whittlesea 
  22. Frankston 
  23. Melton  
  24. Wyndham  
  25. Glen Eira  
  26. Monash 
  27. Yarra  
  28. Greater Dandenong 
  29. Moonee Valley  
  30. Yarra Ranges 
  31. Hobsons Bay 
  32. Mitchell Shire

If you live in one of these areas, there will once again only be 4 reasons to leave home:

  • Shopping for food and supplies
  • Medical care and caregiving
  • Exercise and recreation
  • Study and work – if you can’t do it from home

The defined list of recreational activities will be made available on the Department of Health and Human Services’ website.

Additionally, there will only be 3 reasons to cross the border of these metropolitan areas:

  • Shopping for food and supplies
  • Medical care and caregiving
  • Study and work – if you can’t do it from home

If you live outside metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire, there are only three reasons to enter: shopping for food and supplies, medical care and caregiving, and study or work – if you can’t do it from home.

That means you cannot travel in or out of these areas for exercise or recreation.

Outdoor exercise and recreation is limited to you and the members of your household, or you plus one other person if you do not live with them.

A number of businesses and facilities in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire will be required to close, including beauty and personal care services, cultural and entertainment venues and community facilities. Cafes and restaurants will return to take-away and delivery only.

Restrictions will be in place until 11:59 on Wednesday 19 August 2020.

What does this mean for Victorian members?

Our understanding remains that we begin as per where we left off from the last Stage Three restrictions; that is myotherapists and remedial massage therapists can continue to practice as essential businesses. We stress the following to all members:

  • you are strongly encouraged to discuss with all patients the option of remote consultations and consider postponing their face to face appointment if possible. View MA’s Telepractice Guidelines here;
  • maintain the same precautions as prescribed from the beginning of this pandemic relating to physical distancing, maintain high standards of hygiene and infection control and if you have not done so already, consider wearing masks whilst treating and providing masks for patients as an option;
  • if following your evaluation it is determined that a remote consultation does not suit and your choice is to provide in-person services, encourage them to use the Covid Symptom Checker online tool, download the CovidSafe App and check their temperature upon arrival and always use pre-screening procedures as the Association has previously encouraged [view here].

We will continue to closely monitor Government advice and update members as more information comes to hand.

If you live outside of these postcodes:

You can only visit a restricted postcode for four reasons: shopping for food and supplies, care and caregiving, exercise, and study or work – if you can’t do it from home. If you need to travel through one of the restricted postcode areas, you can.

What if I have booked for a Face to Face MA PD event prior to the lockdown directions ending?

We will be contacting all those registered for face to face PD in the coming days to advise of changes. Events scheduled in the Metro Melbourne area prior to the 1st of September will be cancelled or postponed until further notice. Members attending the Geelong Strength and Conditioning event may proceed to attend provided THEY DO NOT reside in one of the listed postcodes where restrictions apply. Any members registered for this event or for our Joint Mobilisation event will be entitled to a full refund or the option to transfer their ticket to another MA event where spaces are still available.

What if I live near the NSW border and need to travel across for work? What defines a ‘border town’?

If you are within 50km of the border you are then considered to be in the ‘border town’ and may cross for work purposes.

In most cases, people entering NSW from Victoria will be required to have a current NSW border entry permit. Service NSW will receive and assess applications.

From 8 July, you’ll need a border entry permit to travel from Victoria to NSW. Read more about eligibility and what you need to know here.

The announcements of rulings such as this obviously have the potential to impact all of us in our businesses, and as your professional association we are always here to provide support and guidance wherever possible. Please contact our office at [email protected] with any further queries. Our staff will do their best to assist you with your queries and we ask for your patients and kindness to our team.

Additional Resources can be found at:
The government has released information sheets to assist healthcare workers. All practices should comply with the recommendations in these documents: