In addition to being part of Australia’s peak organisation for myotherapists, Myotherapy Association Australia members also receive the following benefits:
Myotherapy Association Australia Member Insurance
Your MA Membership includes $20 million Professional Indemnity and $20 million Public Liability Insurance bundled into the cost of your membership (Student and Affiliate memberships excluded). All practising MA members will no longer need to shop around for insurance cover as your professional insurance requirements will be part of your membership, saving hundreds of dollars per year. MA are working with Guild Insurance through Focus Insurance Brokers having provided trusted insurance solutions to many allied health professions and professional associations.
As a member benefit the MA insurance for members has expanded coverage for you in 2017-18. This policy now includes:
Pregnancy massage, subject to the following:
- No body massage or body treatments in the 1st trimester;
- Only therapists specifically trained in pregnancy massage can perform a massage that is light to medium application avoiding the tummy area in the 2nd or 3rd trimester;
- No essential oils to be used at all;
- No heat usage or body wraps to be used; and,
- The client should fill out a card on each visit to check there are no pre-existing conditions etc.
These conditions are in addition to the minimum requirement that only practitioners who have successfully completed the Pre-Natal Education for Manual Therapists course will be considered.
Pilates, subject to the following:
- The member has successfully completed an Australia qualification in Pilates Instruction within past 10 years
- The member is experienced in this area of work
- Studio based instruction only